HOOK, LINE AND ……
Anglesey offers superb year round angling opportunities. Take your pick from a voyage on a charter boat to take you offshore, a spot on any of the 125 miles of coastline for shore fishing or a visit to one of the inland lakes and reservoirs.
Let a charter boat take you offshore to try your luck with the 40 plus species that are caught on rod and line in Anglesey’s coastal waters. Cod, Sea Bass, Mackerel, Whiting, Dabs, Dogfish, Codling and Pollack are just a few of the species found and by using an experienced charter boat the skipper will know the “hot spots” for your trip.
- Anglesey Charter Fishing, departs Holyhead Marina, 0800 083 0368
- Dance de Leu, departs Amlwch, 01407 832010
- Go Angling Charter Services, departs Holyhead Marina, 01248 716315
- Kerry Kim, departs Amlwch, 01407 831526
- Lander Charter, departs various locations along Menai Strait, 01407 840107
- Morio Môn, departs Amlwch 01407 830485
- Outrider 2, departs Beaumaris, 01248 810910
- Seekat C, departs Amlwch, 01407 830040
- Spindrift Charters, departs Holyhead Harbour, 01407 765160
- Starida Sea Services, departs Beaumaris, 01248 810251
- Stingray Fishing Vessel, departs Cemaes Bay, 01407 710510
The 125 mile coastline offers beaches, piers, jetties and rocks which are ideal for shore fishing, and there are also many established points right across the Island. The variety of catch is wide and varies throughout the seasons.
Coarse & Game Fishing
Inland there are lakes, reservoirs, each with their own challenging possibilities. The lakes and rivers offer brown and sea trout, and in the coarse fisheries lurk plenty of big carp – and even the occasional 30-pound catfish. Excellent facilities for game fishing are also available on the Island’s inland waterways. Permits are available locally.Share